Followers

Monday, December 6, 2010

Ernesto Patino's Web of Secrets



Ernesto Patino is today's guest. Ernie, congratulations on the success of Web of Secrets. Please tell us what the novel is about.

My novel is about a young woman who is being blackmailed. Someone is threatening to reveal some shocking facts about her birth parents and her illegal adoption thirty years ago. It is a story of bigotry, intrigue and murder.

What was your inspiration for the book?

The inspiration to write the book came from my niece who was adopted. She was in her early thirties when she decided to look for her birth parents. She kept me apprised throughout the entire process, and I knew that someday I would write a story about adoptions.

You submitted recipes for the cookbook, Killer Recipes, a project that benefits cancer research. What's the backstory for Tortured Tortillas and Eggs?

Tortured Tortillas and Eggs is a dish that my mother would make at least once a week. It is easy to prepare, with few ingredients but very tasty, especially if you like Mexican food. For me, it is comfort food that brings back wonderful memories of my childhood and especially of my mother.

Are you writing another book? If so, tell us about it.

My latest book is a mystery titled The Last of the Good Guys, soon to be released by L&L Dreamspell. Like Web of Secrets, the story is set in South Florida where I lived for over tweny years. Many of the characters are based loosely on people I met during the course of my life as an FBI agent and private investigator. I also just completed a novel titled One Last Dance, which I am currently editing. It is a love story set in the world of ballroom dancing. I am a ballroom dancer and had great fun writing it.

Do you have any events you want to mention?

I gave a workshop for mystery writers on November 13th from 2-4:30 p.m at Clues Unlimited in Tucson, Arizona. I promoted my novel, Web of Secrets as well as the recent cookbook, Killer Recipes. I am also scheduled to give a workshop on March 12, 2011 at the Tucson Festival of Books. The workshop is titled Truths & Myths about Private Investigators - Creating Believeable P.I. Characters.
Where can we learn more about you?

For information visit my website: http://www.erniepatino.com/

Thanks for dropping by, Ernie.

1 comment:

Joe Prentis said...

Susan,

I enjoyed your interview of Ernesto Patino. It is always good to read a book by an author who has a connection with the subject matter he has weaved into his plot. Sounds like a good read.