Followers

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lila Pinord's In Time

My guest today is Lila Pinord, author of IN TIME. Welcome, Lila. Tell us something about yourself that readers might be surprised to learn.

I was born and raised in a Native American fishing village along the coast of Washington state. I didn’t leave until I was eighteen.

Interesting!

How many books have you written?

IN TIME is my fourth book. The other three are SKYE DANCER, EVIL LIVES in BLUE ROCK, and MIN'S MONSTER.

What books or authors have influenced you?

Stephen King was my first favorite, but later changed to Dean Koontz. I’ve read all his books and like the tension he generates through words. I try to do the same.

Tell us about your latest release.

 IN TIME is an urban fantasy. A young lad begins to pass through “misty curtains of time” and time-travels here on earth. He meets some historical figures along the way,including Meriwether Lewis and Blackbeard. His mother Ellie also passes through the opening as she seeks her son, who now goes by the name of Cowboy. Along the way she meets other time “travelers”. Will she and her son find each other “in time”?

Is it available in print, ebook, and Kindle formats?

Yes, it is in both formats.

Were any of your booksmore challenging to write than the others?

No, I usually have them pretty much thought out before I even begin writing my stories.

How do you develop characters?

My characters seem to jump out at me as I’m writing.Their names just come to me as if it were meant to be. It’s weird howcharacters come to life for us writers!

How do you choose your setting?

From my growing-up years in and around the village;the surrounding lakes and rivers and mountains play a big part in the settingsof my novels. Also the weather always works its way into my stories. SkyeDancer includes a great storm and flooding rivers and lakes. Evil Lives in BlueRock is enfolded in thick fog. Min’s Monster takes place during a horrific snowstorm. I think my next one may take place during a heat wave!

What are your protagonists' strengths? Flaws?

They always seem to overcome anything, such as theweather conditions mentioned above. Fear would be a weakness, but we all havethat at one time or another in our lives.

We all know how important promoting our work hasbecome. How do you get the word out both off and online?

Social websites, local newspapers, press releases,word-of-mouth. My own website contains all the information. http://lilalpinord.bravehost.com
Can you tell us about current or future projects?

 Believe it or not, I am working on two books at the same time! Or maybe I’m just re-working one I’d written many years ago. There is always room for improvement.

 I'm usually working on two books at the same time as well.
Where can folks learn more about your books and events?

Mainly on my website. However I have yet to add INTIME there, but will get to it soon. The books are on Amazon, Barnes &Noble and wherever books are sold.
Thanks for dropping by, Lila, and continued success!
Readers, click the link to see Lila's book trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0bHz02syHY for Skye Dancer book trailer
http://www.youtube.com/lilapinord  for  Min's Monster book trailer
                                                      

No comments: