Followers

Friday, March 9, 2012

Clairvoyant Deborah Simpson

Aside from being a published author, Dr. Deborah Simpson is also clairvoyant and feels very blessed to have been able to help so many people in life. She doesn't believe dreams are promised to anyone; she believes you have to make a promise to your dreams. Welcome back, Deborah. It's been a long time.

Thank you, Susan. It has been a while.

How many books have you written? 

To date, I have written 9 books and published four anthologies featuring work from poetic greats around the world.

What sets your book apart from others?

There are many books published written in the same genres as I write. I believe that what sets my books apart from others is the language usage and layout. I have always been a big fan of words. I believe in reviving words that have otherwise been neglected within the English language. Writing is an art and just as a picture creates its scene, I believe words should create their own vision for the reader. It’s not necessarily what you write, but how you write it. Uniqueness definitely has its place in the literary world.

Are they available in print, ebook, and Kindle formats?

My books are available in all formats.

What has been your most rewarding experience during the writing process? 

My most rewarding experience, I would say, happened for me when writing The Constellation of Omens. That book was channeled, so after writing blocks of fact in the book and then researching them afterwards to find that they indeed existed, was extremely rewarding in the sense that it provided me with new insights to both my writing and my clairvoyant gifts.

Were any of your books more challenging to write than the others? 

Oh definitely.  While I find poetry and inspiration to be fairly non-challenging, I found the writing of The Constellation of Omens to be extremely challenging both for content and word usage.

When writing, how do you determine when enough is enough?

 I know when enough is enough when I feel it is complete.  It’s just a feeling and writing beyond that feeling would be just for padding.

We all know how important promoting our work has become. How do you get the word out both off and online?

Writing is certainly the easy part – marketing is something of an entirely different species. I have learned a few things that I would like to share. Firstly, online, it’s not about what you’ve written, it’s about what others have written. The more you network with other writers, the further your work will reach.  Offline, it’s not about what you’ve done, it’s all about who you are. Be who you are and your books will follow. That’s the best advice I can give.

Can you tell us your writing goals for 2012 or beyond? 

I am currently working on another metaphysical novel entitled, Divination alongside a self-help book entitled, Hardboiled Egg.

This sounds intriguing.
Where can folks learn more about your books and events?

For more information including events, please visit my website at www.deborahsimpson.org.  Thank you so much for the interview, Susan.

It's always nice to be in touch with you, Deborah. Continued success.

No comments: