Followers

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Stacey Marcus: from struggle and abuse to a beacon of light for others

I seldom have poets as guests on the blog, but I am delighted to have Stacey Marcus share her courageous story with you. 


Stacey Marcus is the product of a lifelong struggle with obstacles, battles and turmoil and has spent her life trying to find solutions and a spiritual connection that helps explain the things she has gone through.  She brings the sense of desire and adventure to her writing.  Stacey is mom, a wife and a survivor of practically every abuse imaginable.  She has become a beacon of light to others.  

Stacey is a humanitarian, a champion for women, children, elders and animals. She believes in a higher power and finds solace in its presence. Beyond sharing the poetry of her life, Stacey has written two children’s books, both teaching children about the idea of love and the love a parent feels for a child while teaching them the A.B.C.’s.

Welcome, Stacey. 
How many books have you written?
          Three and I am working on my fourth one now.

Give a short synopsis of your most recently published book.
After hiding in the garage on a dusty shelf for nearly 20 years, Stacey Marcus has finally found the courage to reveal her painful truth with the release of her first book of poetry, Revelations Of The Anonymous.   In transcendent, simple words, Stacey has found a way to tell the story of her dark journey through tragedy into triumph.  Written over a twenty-five year period, this collection of poems and thoughts is the voice of one anonymous woman’s genuine power to stir, inspire and provoke one’s peace of mind.

How much of yourself is hidden in the characters in the book?
I don’t think much of myself is hidden.  I reveal a very personal look into the journey of my life through my poems.

What challenges did you face while writing this book?
          Fear of exposing my authentic self.

Do you travel to do research or for inspiration? Can you share some special places with us?
I usually write in the park, on a hike or on the beach.  I like to find places where I can actually hear my honest thoughts.

What do you think is the greatest lesson you’ve learned about writing so far? What advice can you give new writers?
The first thing I have to say is never give up writing.  Use it as an outlet for your dreams, hopes, thoughts and ideas.  I believe the most important thing for a writer to do is just write!  Even if it’s a journal entry to start, at least it’s something.  And as you begin writing on a daily basis, you will find that the words just pour out onto the paper and your fingers can’t stop hitting the keys on the computer!

Where do you store ideas for later use: in your head, in a notebook, or on a spreadsheet?
I usually keep a small journal with me so I can jot thoughts down as they occur to me.

We all know how important promoting our work has become. How do you get the word out both off and online?
I must say that I have been blessed in the promoting department.  Many people have come upon my poetry book and then found themselves buying the children’s books on-line.  People like you are kind enough to allow me to spread the word on their websites.

Can you tell us your future writing goals/projects?
I am working on “Kosher Crack,” a memoir and story of one nice, Jewish girl’s fall into the pit of hell and her journey into the light.

Where can folks learn more about your books and events?
My website is where I write my short stories.  You can find me at www.staceyinsideout.com.  Also, here are a couple of links to my current books.

“The ABC’s Of I Love You”

“Mommie, What Does Love Mean?

“Revelations Of The Anonymous”


Are your books available in print and e-book formats? (please provide the buy link for easy reader accessibility) 
          You can purchase Stacey’s books on e-book format on her website, www.staceyinsideout.com.


Stacey, thanks for coming over. I wish you great success!

No comments: