Followers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Victoria Roder's BOLT ACTION

Victoria Roder, author of Bolt Action is here for friendly interrogation. Victoria, it's great to have you over.
Tell us a little about yourself.

Thank you for the interview, Susan. I’m author Victoria Roder and I write suspense thrillers and paranormal romance novels that are always wrapped in a murder mystery. I am a people person and I like to try and analyze criminals, so I enjoy reading and watching true crime stories with obsession. I’m a down home girl from central Wisconsin. I enjoy camping and hiking with my husband and our three dogs. I also have two spoiled cats and a blue tongue skink (lizard). We ride motorcycle, shoot bow at 3D targets, and snowshoe in the winter.

Tell us about your latest book.

My Action thriller, Bolt Action was released by Champagne Books in April 2010. You can check out the publisher’s website at http://www.champagnebooks.com/

With a Ruger Blackhawk .357 under her pillow, a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker rifle in her broom closet, and a Saturday Night Special in her road-hog cookie jar, Detective Leslie Bolt’s sarcastic attitude and inability to trust, alienates her from most people. Forced to work a serial murder case with her ex-lover, doesn't improve her disposition. The "State Quarter Killer” is selecting victims that appear to have nothing in common except for the State Quarter placed under their lifeless bodies. When her sister goes missing the question rises, will Detective Bolt capture the serial killer before her sister is the next victim?

Check out the awesome book trailer YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqcYL_G7h7s

Detective Bolt reminds me of my protagonist, Logan Hunter. I love the title of the book, Victoria, and her name. Awesome! The video rocks.

What’s the hook for the book? (Bolt Action, Champagne Books 2010. Buy link http://www.omnilit.com/product-boltaction-426568-152.html)

Secrets of the past, murder, revenge, deception, sexual tension, and the “State Quarter Killer”; Bolt Action offers it all.

What are your protagonist’s strengths? Flaws?

Detective Leslie Bolt is a tough talking, gun hording, motorcycle riding investigator with as much insecurity as the rest of us. After a life of abuse at the hands of her father, she has a kick ass outer shell and a chip on her shoulder. She stashes a collection of pistols, revolvers, and rifles about her apartment. Leslie is a top investigator, but no one wants to work with because she is stand-offish and down right rude. We may all think sarcastic thoughts about other people, but in addition to thinking them, Detective Bolt says them out loud!

Where do you write? When? What do you have around you?

My main place to write is in my den, and I have to have coffee. My husband bought me a laptop computer, so now I can sit on our open porch to write and enjoy the sunshine. In restaurants and driving down the road, I’ve been know to write on napkins, gum wrappers, and receipts. I also keep a notebook, pen, and flashlight beside the bed.

Any current projects?

I am excited about, and in the final edits of my paranormal horror, The Haunting of Ingersull Penitentiary: A penitentiary founded on the system of separation and torture, built on land cursed by a witch from the sixteen hundreds, now converted into a bed and breakfast…what could go wrong?

I am also working on a children’s puzzle book and two picture books, An Important Job to Do – A Noah’s Ark Tale and Baby’s First Book of Jesus.

Where can folks learn more about your books and events? www.victoriaroder.com

I enjoy hearing from readers and can be contacted through my website.

Victoria, I've enjoyed having you guest on the blog. I'll be ordering that book. Continued success!

9 comments:

Cheryl L said...

I have read Vicki's paranormal romance, The Dream House - Visions & Nightmares, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Bolt Action sounds just as intriguing and interesting. Keep up the great writing, Vicki!

Cheryl Landmark
Author of Wind and Fire

R. Michael said...

I enjoyed The Dream House so I'm looking forward to reading Bolt Action. Victoria is a wonderful writer and her work is a welcome addition to any bookshelf.

Victoria Roder said...

Thank you Cheryl and Mike for the encouraging comments. Thanks to Susan for the wonderful interview!

Amy J Ramsey said...

Susan, Wonderful interview and Victoria, it's always a pleasure to learn more about you, as an author and individual.

Best of luck!!!

Susan Whitfield said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog, ladies. Please return often.

Victoria Roder said...

Hi Amy,
Thanks for stopping by!

Beverly Owens said...

Have just read Vicki's book, Bolt Action and loved it! I think many will be able to identify with Leslie's past and the scars it has left her with. Love that she actually says what many of us think but never have the nerve to blurt out. Hope she finds another crime to solve sometime in the near future! Awesome interview!

Victoria Roder said...

Thanks for the wonderful encouragement Beverly! I'm hoping Leslie let's me know when she's ready to solve another crime.

L.C. Evans said...

Bolt action sounds like my kind of book. I love strong women characters and suspense. Thanks for the interview.