Followers

Monday, March 5, 2012

Velda Brotherton's Wolf Song

Velda Brotherton, author of Wolf Song, is here today. Good morning, Velda. Please give us a brief bio, and include something about yourself that readers might be surprised to learn.

Sure, Susan.
I enjoy placing characters within the rich history of our country, in both fiction and nonfiction.  But it's fun to step out of the past into contemporary settings to write about women and the challenges they face. Tough heroines, strong and gentle heroes, villains to die for, are brought alive in the pages of my novels and books. I've even written a horror novel that is being considered for publication.

Where do you live, and how has your environment affected your writing?

I live in a home I designed and helped build on the edge of the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas. Like music and poetry, this environment lends peace and tranquility to my writing life. I am able to involve myself totally in every story with no distractions.

 How many books have you written?

Written? twenty or thirty, I would suppose. Had published? Thirteen going on fourteen. The rest were merely practice, a way of honing my craft.

Give a short synop of each book of Wolf Song.
Wolf Song is a paranormal mainstream novel recently released by SynergEbooks. Olivia wants only to escape her guilt and run free with the wolves. It will take a wolf to show her how to meet the challenges of her life and two men to teach her to love again. Strangely, the three are one.

Stone Heart's Woman is a western historical romance to be released in February from The Wild Rose Press. Stone Heart is torn between two worlds. Hating one he embraces the other. Aiden Connor stands with him to help his mother's people, the Northern Cheyenne, escape the grasp of the white world and return to their homeland. 

Is it available in print, ebook, and Kindle formats?

Wolf Song is in all ebook formats; Stone Heart's Woman will be in print and all ebook formats.

What sets your book apart from others?

The depth of unusual characters and the blending of truth and fiction to create unique stories.

What do you think is the greatest lesson you’ve learned about writing so far? What advice can you give other writers?

If you love writing enough to stick to it day after day, no matter the rejections and disappointments, then you will succeed. If you have to force yourself to write, then perhaps you should be doing something else.

Where can folks learn more about your books and events?

My website: http://www.veldabrotherton.com is updated regularly. I also have three blogs: vbrotherton.blogspot.com; veldabrotherton.blogspot.com; velda-brotherton.blogspot.com; at authorveldabrotherton on facebook.

Thanks so much for having me. I enjoyed answering your questions.
I'd like to give a free copy of the book to a commenter.

That's great, Velda. Free copies are always a hit, right gang? Nice to get to know you better, Velda. Bloggers, leave a comment in the box below for a chance at the free book.





7 comments:

Cait London said...

Velda's post was great. Her "If you love writing..." is essential info.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cait, Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your support.

Claire said...

Great interview! Velda is truly an inspiration. Someone should consult Guinness. I'd imagine Velda is mentioned in the acknowledgment pages of more books than anyone else. She's a great writer and a wonderful mentor.

Jan Morrill said...

I wouldn't have finished my book without the help and support of Velda. Like Claire said, she is an inspiration, and once my book is published, you'll see her in yet another acknowledgement. Thanks for all you share, Velda, and thank you, Susan, for a great interview!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jan and Claire for commenting, and especially for your kind words. I really appreciate them.

Arletta Dawdy said...

Great interview of a wonderful writer who so honestly and openly shares her wisdom. Thanks Velda

Susan Whitfield said...

Congratulations to Jan. You won the free book. Velda will be in touch with you.