Followers

Friday, June 1, 2012

Attracting An Agent

I've decided to query agents for my first women's fiction, Slightly Cracked. I've done my research and know which agents are looking for that genre. It's amazing how different their guidelines are, anything from a query only to as much as 50 pages in the body of an email!

Most agents I've found in today's market want email queries and that's just fine with me. Maybe it will speed up the process. Only one on my list wants snail mail, query only.

I'd be interested to know if you have an agent and what kind of success you've had ...  with or without one.

2 comments:

Cindy Keen Reynders said...

In the 90s I had two agents and neither sold a thing for me. I've sold the rest myself and self published one book on my own. I think looking for a good agent is sort of like looking for a good man: when you're looking seriously, all the good ones are taken! No, I'm sure they are out there, but I've managed to hit on some doozies. I looked for one last fall, and the ones I queried who said they were looking never got back with me. I wish you tons of luck cause you deserve it!

Susan Whitfield said...

THanks, Cindy. I'm sorry your experience wasn't positive. I've heard that so many times. I'm going to try 5-6 queries and if nothing happens on my terms, I'll continue on without an agent. Thanks for weighing in.