Followers

Monday, December 3, 2012

The treasure of friendship

During this time of year I always become melancholy. I miss my parents, my wonderful mother-in-law who died in July, and so many friends who crossed over far too soon.

But I have a world of treasures around me. So many of you who read this blog are cyber friends, some whom I've had the pleasure of meeting in person, some with whom I've done book business, and many I hope to meet one of these days.

During this time of giving thanks and gifts and eating too much, remember what a blessing you are.


Merry Christmas to One and All!

2 comments:

Patricia Gligor's Writers Forum said...

Susan,
This is an emotional time of year. I lost my Dad last year and my Mom is in a rehab center because she broke her hip twice. So, my Christmas this year will be spent there.
I too am grateful for my offline and online friends. When we focus on all we have to be thankful for instead of all that we've lost, we feel a lot better. Happy Holidays!

Susan Whitfield said...

Same to you, Patricia. This will be our first Christmas without my mother-in-law, who crossed over just before her 93rd birthday. She was a wonderul human being and so good to all of us even though for the past seven years she battled memory and other Alzheimer's issues. I hope your Christmas season is filled with meaningful gestures and memories.