Followers

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Counting Blessings

Early yesterday morning L&L Dreamspell lost one of its co-owners, Linda Houle. She's been battling cancer for several years. The co-owner, Lisa Smith, sent all of us word about a week ago that Dreamspell would be closing. Lisa simply doesn't have the heart to continue without her best friend. "The Dream Team", as we authors affectionately call each other, is devastated by the news about Linda and we truly understand how Lisa feels. They believed in me when other publishers didn't. I owe them more than I can ever repay.

I am sad. I count my many blessings.

My pal, Marta Stephens lost her husband this morning...unexpectedly. She is heartbroken and devastated. My heart goes out to her, and I wish we didn't live a thousand miles apart.

I am sad. I count my many blessings.

I have a multitude of blessings, many more than I could mention here. I'm truly blessed to have a wonderful husband, two fine sons who married fine women, and three grandsons anyone would be proud of. We've been hit with so much death and sadness lately. I pray several times a day, but this morning in church, I really prayed hard for Linda's family, Lisa and her family, Marta and her family, and for my own.

There are so many things going on in the world that I could focus on but none are more important than family and friends. I hope those of you who read this post know how much I appreciate you. As we move forward, let us always count our blessings and be a blessing to others.
Love.
Peace.


2 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Susan I am so sorry about Linda and your friend's husband. Death is always so devastating. Most of us are blessed above and beyond and we need to remember that every single day.

Susan Whitfield said...

so true, Diane. Now I have to set about removing their name from all of my promotional materials and search for a new publisher. Wish me luck.